1. R. Eberhart and J. Kennedy, “A new optimizer using particle swarm
theory,” in MHS'95. Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium
on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43, IEEE, 1995.
2. M. AlRashidi and M. El-Hawary, “A survey of particle swarm optimization applications in electric power systems,” IEEE Transactions on
Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, pp. 913–918, aug 2009.
3. R. Poli, “Analysis of the publications on the applications of particle
swarm optimisation,” Journal of Artificial Evolution and Applications,
vol. 2008, pp. 1–10, 2008.
4. D. P. Rini and S. M. Shamsuddin, “Particle swarm optimization: Technique, system and challenges,” International Journal of Applied Information Systems, vol. 1, pp. 33–45, sep 2011.
5. Y. Zhang, S. Wang, and G. Ji, “A comprehensive survey on particle
swarm optimization algorithm and its applications,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2015, pp. 1–38, 2015.
6. Y. del Valle, G. Venayagamoorthy, S. Mohagheghi, J.-C. Hernandez,
and R. Harley, “Particle swarm optimization: Basic concepts, variants
and applications in power systems,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary
Computation, vol. 12, pp. 171–195, apr 2008.
7. A. Rathinam, D. Sattianadan, and K. Vijayakumar, “Optimal coordination of directional overcurrent relays using particle swarm optimization
technique,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 10,
no. 2, pp. 43–47, 2010.
8. V. Papaspiliotopoulos, T. Kurashvili, and G. Korres, “Optimal coordination of directional overcurrent relays in distribution systems with
distributed generation based on a hybrid PSO-LP algorithm,” in MedPower 2014, pp. 64 (6 pp.)—-64 (6 pp.), Institution of Engineering and
9. H. Zeineldin, E. El-Saadany, and M. Salama, “Optimal coordination
of overcurrent relays using a modified particle swarm optimization,”
Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 76, pp. 988–995, jul 2006.
10. H. Zeineldin, E. El-saadany, and M. A. Salama, “Protective relay coordination for micro-grid operation using particle swarm optimization,” in
2006 Large Engineering Systems Conference on Power Engineering,
pp. 152–157, IEEE, jul 2006.
11. M. M. Mansour, S. F. Mekhamer, and N. El-Kharbawe, “A modified
particle swarm optimizer for the coordination of directional overcurrent
relays,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 22, pp. 1400–1410,
12. Y. Damchi, H. R. Mashhadi, J. Sadeh, and M. Bashir, “Optimal coordination of directional overcurrent relays in a microgrid system using a
hybrid particle swarm optimization,” in 2011 International Conference
on Advanced Power System Automation and Protection, pp. 1135–
1138, IEEE, oct 2011.
13. D. Vijayakumar and R. Nema, “Superiority of PSO relay coordination
algorithm over non-linear programming: A comparison, review and
verification,” in 2008 Joint International Conference on Power System
Technology and IEEE Power India Conference, pp. 1–6, IEEE, oct
14. M. R. Asadi and S. M. Kouhsari, “Optimal overcurrent relays coordination using particle-swarm-optimization algorithm,” in 2009 IEEE/PES
Power Systems Conference and Exposition, pp. 1–7, IEEE, mar 2009.
15. A. Liu and M.-T. Yang, “A new hybrid nelder-mead particle swarm
optimization for coordination optimization of directional overcurrent
relays,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, pp. 1–18,
16. M. T. Yang and A. Liu, “Applying hybrid PSO to optimize directional
overcurrent relay coordination in variable network topologies,” Journal
of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, mar 2013.
17. N. Mancer, B. Mahdad, K. Srairi, M. Hamed, and B. Hadji, “Optimal
coordination of directional overcurrent relays using PSO-TVAC,” Energy
Procedia, vol. 74, pp. 1239–1247, aug 2015.
18. R. M. Chabanloo and M. G. Maleki, “An accurate method for overcurrent–distance relays coordination in the presence of transient states
of fault currents,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 158, pp. 207–
218, may 2018.
19. C. Coello, G. Pulido, and M. Lechuga, “Handling multiple objectives
with particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary
Computation, vol. 8, pp. 256–279, jun 2004.
20. H. R. Baghaee, M. Mirsalim, G. B. Gharehpetian, and H. A. Talebi,
“MOPSO/FDMT-based pareto-optimal solution for coordination of overcurrent relays in interconnected networks and multi-DER microgrids,”
IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, vol. 12, pp. 2871–2886,
21. Z. Moravej, F. Adelnia, and F. Abbasi, “Optimal coordination of directional overcurrent relays using NSGA-II,” Electric Power Systems
Research, vol. 119, pp. 228–236, feb 2015.
22. A. Korashy, S. Kamel, L. Nasrat, and F. Jurado, “Developed multiobjective grey wolf optimizer with fuzzy logic decision-making tool for
direction overcurrent relays coordination,” Soft Computing, feb 2020.
23. R. Mohammadi, H. A. Abyaneh, H. M. Rudsari, S. H. Fathi, and
H. Rastegar, “Overcurrent relays coordination considering the priority
of constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, pp. 1927–
1938, jul 2011.
24. M. N. Alam, B. Das, and V. Pant, “A comparative study of metaheuristic
optimization approaches for directional overcurrent relays coordination,”
Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 128, pp. 39–52, nov 2015.
25. J. Radosavljevic and M. Jevti ´ c, “Hybrid GSA-SQP algorithm for op- ´
timal coordination of directional overcurrent relays,” IET Generation,
Transmission & Distribution, vol. 10, pp. 1928–1937, may 2016.
26. S. Srinivas and K. Shanti Swarup, “Application of improved invasive
weed optimization technique for optimally setting directional overcurrent
relays in power systems,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 79, pp. 1–13,
27. A. Korashy, S. Kamel, A.-R. Youssef, and F. Jurado, “Modified water
cycle algorithm for optimal direction overcurrent relays coordination,”
Applied Soft Computing, vol. 74, pp. 10–25, jan 2019.
28. H. Bouchekara, M. Zellagui, and M. Abido, “Optimal coordination of
directional overcurrent relays using a modified electromagnetic field
optimization algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 54, pp. 267–283,
29. Q. Bai, “Analysis of particle swarm optimization algorithm,” Computer
and Information Science, vol. 3, jan 2010.
30. “IEC 60255-151:2009 Measuring relays and protection equipement –
Part 151: Functional requirements for over/under current protection,”
31. “IEEE Std 242-2001 - IEEE Recommended Practice for Protection and
Coordination of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems (IEEE Buff
32. O. Alsac and B. Stott, “Optimal load flow with steady-state security,”
IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-93,
pp. 745–751, may 1974.